Tribal Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Returning characters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rat
Rat

Returning characters Empty
PostSubject: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:00 am

Welcome back to text tags, signatures, false location information, and miserable, agonizing content. Now, take some time from your obvious enthrallment with our new territory to post perhaps a paragraph about what you've been doing with your life since high school.

My college career is one of a music composition major. I've been doing pretty great at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids, save one thick-headed teacher who is the only teacher there to give me sour grades. Unfortunately, this constitutes a huge fraction of my transcript, as she is a music teacher. She gossips to her pet students about how poor of a student I am, despite achieving nothing but A's with any other teacher.

I've got a nice catalogue of music that I'm constantly building and improving, though I don't believe I've ever completed a single piece since 2004. In fact, now that I look at some of my first pieces, there are still glaring parts missing that in order to remedy, I would simply need to Copy and Paste; yet they still sit there, and always will.

I'll be moving to Iowa City to go to University of Iowa this fall. Incidentally, I'm looking for a roomate, so if anyone wants to move in with me and my harmless girlfriend, Emily this August, it would be incredibly cheap.

I'm playing the Starcraft 2 Beta. I've been in the diamond league - the highest possible - for maybe two weeks now. It's a fun game.

That's all. I look forward to learning of your lives.
Back to top Go down
Hafk
Post Tyrant
Post Tyrant
Hafk

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:15 am

I'm literally doing nothing with my life.

I'm not joking, this is pretty depressing for me.
Back to top Go down
NostalgiCK
Guess who?
Guess who?
NostalgiCK

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:55 am

I guess now I'm a senior at the U of I. I'm almost done with my bachelors of music and I'm currently working up a list of possible pieces to play at my senior recital. I'm working for the the U of I music library and have been for the past 8 months or so, because Monsanto sucks. Next week I start playing with the Cedar Rapids Municipal Band again. The bar band I'm in (Amanda Miller and the Smoking Sextion) plays funk and R&B tunes. We perform every so often and even get paid a little. Since high school, my interests haven't changed much, they've just gotten deeper. I switched from a Wii to a PS3 last year. Still love the DS to death. I really would like an iPad or something similar for much less that does more. Still kinda dig progressive rock music, though I don't listen to it nearly as much. I guess the stuff I listen to most now is podcasts; mostly video game podcasts. I like jazz and classical a lot more now, go figure. Really love jazz fusion. I've gotten a LOT of PC games over the past two years, because I haven't been able to bring my console with me to college. Most of them don't run particularly well on my two year old HP Pavillion laptop, but some real gems have crawled into my heart and laid eggs of love.

Mostly every year after high school has been: go to school. study, practice, eat, sleep, perform, play pc games, social network on the web, hang out with girlfriend, try to get some new friends (usually doesn't work), come home from school for the summer, work, nerd out all summer when I finally get to play D&D and Magic, and then the cycle repeats itself.
Back to top Go down
http://burntham.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Remember this thread? It was like, one of the first ones on this board!!
Back to top Go down
Erasmus
Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 pm

I am now a senior theatre major in Saint Paul.
Major changes-
*I love to read now, moreso than usual. I used to have to force myself to even read our rpg books, but now I have a steadily growing library of books and scripts.
*I have become rather appreciative of art. I find myself surrounded by artists, of film, theatre, literature, music, and conventional means (such as painting and sculpting).
*I am now pursuing a path as a professional director. I have directed two successful shows, The Joy of Grieving (my first show, written and directed by me- and yes- it has a number of references to ATHF, Frisky Dingo, and Sealab, as the title and concept were inspired by an episode from Sealab 2021), and The American Dream by Edward Albee. I am currently preparing for my next show, The Moon of the Caribbees by Eugene O'Neill. I am also working on writing a screenplay to have produced for our college film festival, as well as writing a second one act to submit into next year's twin cities fringe theatre festival.
* I now weight 201 pounds. Thats a full 40 pounds more than I weighed in high school.
*I got fired from Target for negligence and now work at Kmart. Makes sense, no?
*I am still single. This hasn't changed since I dated Carissa my freshman year. And yes- I have left a steady trail of broken hearts in my travels, on par with Johnston tradition.
*Music tastes are rather the same. I go in seasons- Spring- power pop, oldies rock- Summer- Nu-Metal-Fall- Grunge, Alt. Rock-Winter- TRANCE---
*I haven't played a legit table top since last summer. Sometimes I miss it. I really miss building the universes for you guys. My biggest regret is that The Dark Times was lost, as that was sort of my star wars film-noir for you guys. But it died with my computer, and then wizards stole my title for their next line of miniatures. *sigh*
*I still hold that Fallout 3 was the game of the last decade.
*I am a hardcore rock band player. I haven't played DDR in ages, on account of me not owning a 360, the recent playlists have been awful, and I smoke like a chimney.
*I still smoke djarums. Why? Cause they still sell em here, and I feel artsy when I smoke them.
*After last year, my drinking habits have mysteriously disappeared. Thankfully. I drink on an average of about once to twice a month, aside from the occasional bar visit.
*I went to LA this year for a while. Twas fun. I'm going back next summer to tend bar and live with my Uncle.
*I'm a political moderate. Really more apathetic than anything.
* I miss fireworks.
*I still support the PS3, despite the fact I'm on the losing side of the counsel wars.

Thats about it, really. I spend my days working, starving, and reading.
It's lovely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=25629777103&am
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 am

for the most part i haven't changed too much.
I'm prolly a little less crazy/violent/impulsive.
I drink at most once or twice a month.
don't smoke almost at all.
working now at best buy and loving it.
i'm still going for social studies teaching.
i don't really want to continue with this major due to future job prospects, but i can't ever see myself doing anything else.
i miss dnd and starwars rpg huge amounts and sometimes wish i was in w-burg with you guys.
i would say more and have better grammer but i just got off a 6 hour shift at best but filled with tons of helping people.
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 am

I will be drinking my first alchoholic beverage in about a month. Does anyone want to join me?
Back to top Go down
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 pm

what is the date, i might be willing to come down
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Something like July 4th
Back to top Go down
Erasmus
Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:32 am

i could arrange something
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=25629777103&am
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 am

I am going to get super-smashed, feces-faced, piss-fucking drunk.

I won't do it on purpose. You see, I've never had an alchoholic beverage except for two glasses of wine in Europe. So the first glass I have is going to knock me over.
Back to top Go down
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 am

actually, if you would be willing to wait just a few extra days, we might be able to do a duel celebration with me turning 21 on july 7th
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:45 am

Maybe. Would you be able to come to Cedar Rapids? Maybe I could go to Williamsburg, but probably not. Happy Birthday
Back to top Go down
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am

it'll depend on my work schedule, but if i can come cedar rapids is closer for me than williamsburg, so yeah i would!
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Erasmus wrote:
i could arrange something

Did you have something in mind? I am fully completely free from July 1 through July 8. My neice and I have our birthdays at the same time, and my family is going to have a party for that.

We can go to Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Williamsburg, or anywhere close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning characters   Returning characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tribal Grounds :: Business :: General Business-
Jump to: