Tribal Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NostalgiCK
Guess who?
Guess who?
NostalgiCK

What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? Empty
PostSubject: What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?   What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Is it the endless grind until you finally max out your character? farao

Is it the epic storyline? scratch

Is it the pleasure you get from developing a completely min/maxed unbeatable build? Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Is it the sex with random NPCs? afro

Is it the killing of random NPCs? (Why did you kill that man? Um, I'm pretty sure he killed a baby...)

Is it the stealing from random NPCs? pig

Is it the inevitable slog through massive tomes of rules? study

Is it the unveiling of a great plot that you can dictate and govern? santa

Is it the cameos of popular culture icons? (Michael Jordan, etc etc...)

Or is it just doing something social with your friends to pretend that you're not really screwing each other over whenever you can? Razz

POST HERE!
Back to top Go down
http://burntham.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
Erasmus
Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?   What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Personally, as a GM, I take great joy in creating iconic characters that make the world real and vivid. I feel that that's what made swrgp so fun. We knew the universe, and the npcs were colorful and fun. Some of us hated them, some of us loved them- but they were there, and we interacted them. For a summer, we lived and breathed and worked along side of them. The real fun was working them in and reincorporating them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=25629777103&am
P-Fish
Admin
Admin
P-Fish

PostSubject: Re: What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?   What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:42 am

I agree with that. The best part about DMing for me is world building. I love when people are sitting around and they say, "Hey, we having been to such-n-such in a while, we should stop into the tavern and see how so-n-so is doing." It's like the first time you make a moving K-Nex set and it just runs and works so smoothly. As far as playing goes, I just like the ability to do epic things, like have epic saber duals, are pin someone to a ship with an arrow before they plummet into the ocean.

With MMO's in mind, I'm not sure what I get from them. I play and I play only to realized I'll never be the best. Then I get depressed and stop, only to start up again. Some kind of weird and nerdy self-abusive tendency.
Back to top Go down
http://tribalgrounds.formyjob.net
Erasmus
Erasmus

PostSubject: Re: What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?   What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:09 am

mmos are so boring to me. i never feel like i'm having a unique experience.
pretty contradictory considering how much i love table top rpgs
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=25629777103&am
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?   What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you most like to get from your role-playing game experiences?
Page 1 of 1