Tribal Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TG Book Club

Go down 
+3
P-Fish
Rat
NostalgiCK
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

TG Book Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:19 pm

i would, but i'm actually quite busy with life, so, possibly next time
Back to top Go down
NostalgiCK
Guess who?
Guess who?
NostalgiCK

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 pm

mk I'm gonna try a new strategy. instead of actually reading a book that matters in the grand scope of humanity, let's read something a little simpler and a little more practical.

everyone, read A Quick Primer for Old School Gaming. It's a VERY SHORT essay detailing the main differences in style between D&D 1st edition and 3.5. It's very well written, if slightly biased. I think you will all find old-school gaming much more attractive.

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/quick-primer-for-old-school-gaming/3159558
Back to top Go down
http://burntham.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 am

John the Roguish: "Like there’s a covered pit trap?”
GM: “Could be.”
John the Roguish: “Can I disarm it?”
GM: “How?”
John the Roguish: “I don’t know, maybe make a die roll to jam the mechanism?”
GM: “You can’t see a mechanism. You step on it, there’s a hinge, you fall. What are
you going to jam?”
John the Roguish: “I don’t know. Okay, let’s just walk around it.”

Love it.
Back to top Go down
NostalgiCK
Guess who?
Guess who?
NostalgiCK

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 am

Ya that's a perfect example of how old-school gaming is just more interesting and immersive.
Back to top Go down
http://burntham.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
Stell
Mmm-huum
Mmm-huum

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 pm

so, with the insane amount of money sony is willing to take off of an ereader for best buy employees (a $300 ereader with wifi is currently on sale for $50 off and sony will give me $200 for buying it) i have decided i will buy one tomorrow, so if you would like to resurrect this i would be in. also, if the books chosen are in the public domain i can get them for free through google and would actually participate in this idea that seems to have died.
Back to top Go down
Disco_Lemonade
Admin
Admin
Disco_Lemonade

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm reading pride and prejudice

and zombies.

pretty great.

and I don't need an ereader to do it.
Back to top Go down
Nerd@<3
Scuba Steve
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm

that's funny. i read that. i liked the pictures
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:30 pm

How did this thread make it to three pages?

Oh, and I happened to read "The Stranger" some months ago, Emily suggested it. It was to first complete book I've read in its entirety for probably years. Kind've a surreal experience of a book, but when you think about it in summary, there didn't seem to be much depth. Guy's mom dies. Guy's like "que sera sera." Nothing happens. Guy runs into a jerk. Jerk beats up Guy's friend. Guy accidentally kills jerk. Guy goes to court and gets "Planet of the Apes"-ed. Guy's like "que sera sera." The End.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TG Book Club   TG Book Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TG Book Club
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tribal Grounds :: Other Business :: A Blank Wall-
Jump to: