Tribal Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rhythm Game thread.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hafk
Post Tyrant
Post Tyrant
Hafk

The Rhythm Game thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rhythm Game thread.   The Rhythm Game thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 am

But it's fun in a video game. That's why I like it. It's fun. In a game.

Nothing to do with the quality of the music. Dragonforce sucks. I don't listen to them outside of the game. But their songs are fun to play in the game.

Is there anything wrong with that? Wanting something fun in a game? It's a game. It's not an instrument. You're really over-complicating the genre.

If you want to talk music, go to that music forum and whine your heart out about how dragonforce is terrible. I'll agree with you there. But they make for a good rhythm game.
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rhythm Game thread.   The Rhythm Game thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:05 pm

I not arguing that it's not fun, I was arguing about the artistic value of the game genre, which is important to me, as well other musicians who might play this sort of game. There's nothing wrong with DragonForce as long as you don't care about anything except matching the buttons on the screen, but for people like me, it feels ridiculous and cheesy when there's people worshipping and exaggerating how epic a song on a game is just because it's mostly random and fast.

Yes, it's absolutely fun, and there would be no reason not to include it, but think of how much MORE awesome a guitar solo would feel if it was justifiably epic. That would satisfy a broader range of people who play.

If it's a game with music, the music part of it IS important to some degree, right?
Back to top Go down
Rat
Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rhythm Game thread.   The Rhythm Game thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 pm

That all said, I REALLY want to play YES on pro mode.

plz??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rhythm Game thread.   The Rhythm Game thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rhythm Game thread.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2